WHY YOU SHOULD STUDY MUSIC AT THE CMSS MUSIC ACADEMY?
Music is everywhere in our society, whether on TV, Film or the Internet. It’s an ever evolving art form that adds colour and interest to everyday life. Without the next generation of young musicians the industry stands still. The Music Industry is an ever growing sector with traditional music making, technological developments in the recording industry and the impact of music to complement daily life; Young musicians are a key asset to the continued success of this industry. Music is used as a powerful tool to get social, political and entertainment agendas across in society and you can play your part in its continual development. Music also provides a unique set of skills, which are acknowledged to be excellent preparation for a range of disciplines, careers and vocations. It combines arts, humanities, maths, science, sociology and technology. It teaches research skills, and guides students in the application of evidence to a range of contemporary situations. Music is recognised by both educational institutes and employers because of the invaluable skills that it teaches you, such as teamwork, self-discipline, commitment, perseverance and confidence to name a few.
One of the biggest advantages of the Studio School is every department has unlimited access to all of the resources on offer. Each department does, however, specialise in an array of core resources. This enable students to get the most out of the resources closest to their chosen subject.
The Music department’s core resources are:
- State of the art brand new industry standard recording studio with Pro Tools HDX (11) and a brand new Mac Pro
- Three fully equipped music classroom spaces
- Individual Practice rooms
- Percussion/steel pan room
- Variety of amps and PA
- Full range of guitars
- Full set of Woodwind and Brass Instruments
- Variety of percussion, tuned and non-tuned, including 6 drum kits
Trips & Enrichment
In Music you will be encouraged to realise that Music is everywhere in society. This will come through performance and composition work, debates and research on the use of Music in society, time spent in the recording studio and performance events you will attend and take part in.
Here’s how we intend to enrich you experience further:
- Staging large scale events such as Battle of the Bands, which you will, organise and perform in
- Annual trip to ‘Compose Yourself’ in Manchester, to watch live performances and take part in practical workshops
- Composition and Performance Workshops at Huddersfield University
- Working with our business link ‘Ricky’s Rock School’ to develop performance skills, and understand the role of a Freelance Musician
- Meetings and interviews with engaged Studio School businesses who can support you in your coursework when you need insights into the Music Industry
- Opportunities to perform locally and nationally as part of a variety of ensembles
- Training as a sound engineer in our state of the art recording studio
- 100% pass rate achieved by all students.
- 100% achieving at least Merit grades.
Many students who successfully complete the course go on to one of the following pathways:Graphic Design, Illustration or a related subject at University / Advertising / Art Direction / Book Designer / Branding Agency / Crafts / Digital or Film Designer / Direct Marketing / Graphic Designer / Magazine & Newspaper Design / Mobile Marketing / Packaging - Product Design / Spatial Design / TV & Cinema Advertising to name but a few.
Would You Like To Find Out More?
Maybe you have a question about the different range of units you can study? Or maybe you want a bit more info on the resources? Whatever your question, the Tutors are more than happy to answer any that you have. Get in touch and we’ll get back to you with all the answers.